Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Malaysian Website Rankings for January 2011


Malaysian Website Rankings for January 2011

For the month Ending January, 2011, Effective Measure and the Malaysian Digital Association reports the following rankings of websites visited by over 17 million Internet users inside of Malaysia:

Top 30 Combined Websites (International and Local) accessed by Malaysians:

1. Facebook
2. Google Sites
3. Mudah.my
4. Mail.yahoo.com
5. Youtube.com
6. MSN Sites
7. Yahoo.com
8. Blogspot.com
9. Thestar.com.my
10. Malaysiakini.com
11. Hmetro.com.my
12. Lowyat.net
13. Utusan.com.my
14. Mylaunchpad.com.my
15. Wikipedia.org

16. Blogger.com
17. Kosmo.com.my
18. Bharian.com.my
19. Search.yahoo.com
20. Cari.com.my
21. Lelong.com.my
22. Wordpress.com
23. Maybank2u.com.my
24. Themalaysianinsider.com
25. Biz.thestar.com.my
26. Fooyoh.com
27. Tagged.com
28. 4shared.com
29. Mozilla.com
30. Ohbulan.com

Top 30 Local Websites:

1. Mudah.my
2. Thestar.com.my
3. Malaysiakini.com
4. Hmetro.com.my
5. Lowyat.net
6. Utusan.com.my
7. Mylaunchpad.com.my
8. Kosmo.com.my
9. Bharian.com.my
10. Cari.com.my
11. Lelong.com.my
12. Maybank2u.com.my
13. Themalaysianinsider.com
14. Biz.thestar.com.my
15. Fooyoh.com

16. Ohbulan.com
17. Sinchew.com.my
18. Chinapress.com.my
19. Iproperty.com.my
20. Paultan.org
21. Mstar.com.my
22. Nst.com.my
23. Sinchew‐i.com
24. Murai.com.my
25. Cimbclicks.com.my
26. Iluvislam.com
27. Astro.com.my
28. Malaysiaairlines.com
29. Beautifulnara.com
30. Jobstreet.com.my


This month we take a look at the consumption of the Internet via mobile devices by the Malaysian Audience. We measure the percentage of users that visit our census websites from a smart phone. While it's not an indication of the total Internet mobile audience, it is a good way to detect trends in mobile Internet consumption. In November and December 2010, the mobile access was 1.29% or 178,742 users and 1.61% or 342,379 users respectively. January 2011 recorded 2.02% or 454,505 users. There has been a consistent increase in mobile consumption over the last 3 months.

In addition to site census based measurement, we also have surveyed over 150,000 Malaysian’s across the entire 17 million total Internet audience population. Over 27.04% polled in Malaysia said “Yes they have accessed the Internet from their mobile device in the last 30 days.” Based on a total Internet population of 17 million, this equates to 4.6 million consumers. An impressive number and proof that the opportunity for Mobile based advertising has truly arrived.

Malaysian property websites also have a high percentage of users who access their sites via mobile devices. iLuxuryAsia.com has 5.8%, iProperty.com.my has 5.02% and StarProperty.my has 4.87% of their total audience access from a mobile device.

Effective Measure (www.effectivemeasure.com) was selected to be the Official Internet Measurement currency for Malaysia by the Malaysian Digital Association (MDA) recently. The MDA is a representative body comprising of Digital Publishers, Advertising Agencies, Creative Agencies and Digital Service Providers.

For more information of the Malaysian Digital Association, visit www.digital.org.my

For more information about Effective Measure, visit www.effectivemeasure.com

Media Release:

Ms. Shu Ling
Email: shuling@macomm.com.myThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

En. Mohd Yusni Hj Abdul Ghani
Email yusni@digital.org.myThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or yusni@perfisio.com

2 comments:

Sa'idaH said...

iLi pon ade..alhamdulillah... :)

Alee said...

tahniah2 :D